Hledejte v chronologicky řazené databázi studijních materiálů (starší / novější příspěvky).

MO 12 Leisure time and hobbies; Life of young people

1) What can people do in their leisure time (= free time)? Give examples of various hobbies, interests and leisure time activities.
2) Why are hobbies and leisure activities important for the people?
3) What do you do in your free time? What are your hobbies? How do you relax?
4) How often do you do your hobbies? Where do you do them? What do you need to do them? Why do you do them? How good are you at it?
5) Did your hobbies and interests change while you were growing up? Speak briefly about the history of your hobbies and interests.

Life of young people
6) How do young people in our country live? Speak about education / work / family / leisure time.
7) What problems do young people have to solve? What are their needs and dreams?


Ad 1)
You can
go in for sports (věnovat se sportu)
spend time doing st.
do a hobby

What are hobbies and interests like? Give examples of hobies matching the given adjectives.
Useful vocabulary
interesting / boring
strange, extraordinary / ordinary
useful / useless
expensive / cheap
dangerous / safe
time-consuming / easy to do
energetic, active / lazy
social / lonely   (společenský / samotářský)
quiet / noisy
relaxing / tiring
exciting / dull
indoor / outdoor

What can we do?

collect stamps, coins, beer mats
play sports, football, chess, basketball, PC games
the guitar, the piano, a musical instrument
in a band
go swimming, skiing, fishing, for a walk, jogging, cycling, trekking
to a concert, to a disco, to the cinema, to the theatre, to the pub, out with friends, to a party, to the library
do shopping, gardening, needlework, painting
athletics, judo, bodybuilding
listen to music, to the radio
watch TV, a film, a video
keep a pet, dogs, goldfish
visit friends, castles
take photos, the guitar lessons, exercise
learn to sing, to paint, to write PC programs
attend a course of photography, evening classes, dancing lessons,
a driving course
read books, newspapers, magazines
write letters, stories, music, PC programs
make models of planes, films. clothes

What else can we do?
sing, dance, act
gamble
relax, sleep
send e-mails to penfriends, chat on the Internet, text (= send text messages)
ride a bike, drive a car
learn / prepare for school
travel, hike
walk our / my dog, care for / take care of our / my cat
exercise regularly
give parties / give Maths lessons
do crosswords, solve / do / play sudoku

ad 2)
While doing a hobby people can
relax / enjoy themselves
improve their health
build their body
train their mind
get or improve their knowledge
get or improve their skills
create beautiful / useful things
meet other people / contact new people

ad 3 -  5)
In my free time I ….

Sports are my life. Music is my life.

Start a hobby / take up a hobby :
When I was 10 years old, I started / took up collecting stamp.

Continue / go on / carry on a hobby / doing something:
 I continued / went on / carried on collecting stamps until I was 15.

Stop a hobby / give up a hobby / doing something:
I stopped / gave up collecting stamps when I was 15, because …
I joined a chess club in 1998 / when I was 12 years old.

I have been playing chess until now.

In the future, I´d like to learn writing PC programs. / I´d love to start collecting coins.
I am planning to start collecting stamps. I am going to start collecting stamps.


Verbs:

be interested in (zajímat se o): I am interested in history.
be crazy about (být do něčeho blázen): He is crazy about racing cars.
like: My mother likes gardening. My father likes playing chess very much.
enjoy: We enjoy going to parties.
love: She loves painting.
don´t / doesn´t  mind: I don´t mind helping at home.
dislike / don´t like: I dislike / don´t like learning for school.
can´t stand: I can´t stand shopping in supermarkets.
hate: She hates getting up early.
Prefer (dávat přednost, mít něco raději): I prefer football to chess. She prefers swimming to skiing.

I am brilliant
excellent
extremely ood
very good
quite good
good
not very good
not good … at all
rather bad
bad
quite bad
very bad
extremely bad
hopeless   at cooking.                            


Ad 6) – 7)

Youth issues

Read the following statement. Do you agree with it? Why / Why not?

„There are a lot of good things about being young, but it certainly isn´t always an easy life!“

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat