Hledejte v chronologicky řazené databázi studijních materiálů (starší / novější příspěvky).

21. SHOPPING - 2

My favourite shop is a self-service shop near my home. When I go in, I take a basket or a trolley. Opposite to me, there is a corner with bread and cakes. On the right side, there are lots of shelves with salamis, milk products, biscuits and many types of food. At the exit, there is a cash desk where I pay for the goods which I have chosen and put to my trolley before.  

The most common shop in Britain is the grocer’s. It sells food, detergents and polish.

Another common shop is the chemist’s. You can buy medicines, ointments, combs, cosmetics, etc...there.

Food is sold in the self-service shop or in the supermarket. The supermarket is bigger and has a larger sortiment of goods.      

The hypermarket is very large and sells all kinds of food and house and kitchen needs.

A typical feature of big cities is the department store. They are huge buildings equipped with speedy lifts and escalators. You can buy everything from food to furniture there. They usually operate on a serve-yourself system. At the exit there are cash desks where you pay for all the goods which you have chosen.

You can pay either cash or with your credit card.
You can pay either with banknotes or with coins.

And what can you do with money?  
- earn, make, inherit, borrow, lend, steal, win, lose            

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat