Hledejte v chronologicky řazené databázi studijních materiálů (starší / novější příspěvky).

Leisure time and hobbies: What do you / don´t you have to worry about?

1) Relationships: friendship and love
take relationships seriously
fall in love with sb. /  fall out (pohádat se) / split up (rozejít se)
go out with (my) girlfriend / boyfriend
make friends  / be on friendly terms (mít přátelský vztah) / get on (well) with sb.
be a loner (být samotář)



2) Parents

From: Jacko, Petrová, Fleková, Borg: Maturitní otázky, angličtina, Fragment 2007

I´m at quite a strange age at the moment – I feel more and more independent,
I can´t wait to get out into the world and do my own thing, and yet I´m still living with my parents and they still think of me as a child. They always want to know where I´m going when I go out and what time I´ll be home. Sometimes I wish
I had my own flat so I could have some peace and quiet! I know they want
what´s best for me and it´s only natural for them to be concerned about me, but I think I can look after myself.


From: Gabrielle Smith-Dluhá a kol.: Angličtina, otázky a odpovědi nejen k maturitě, INFOA, 2007

      All parents want their child to be the best, brightest and most polite. And
      they can teach this to their children. It is often the case that they plan out  
      their child´s career without knowing what the young person feels. Parents
      often fail to understand that children do have their own dreams and  
      visions, be it of their future or just their hair style, clothes or friends.
      Parents have their ideals and children are there to fulfil these ideals. When
      the young stand up for their opinions, arguments may break out. And with
      both sides holding firmly to their positions, problems grow in size, and this
      may lead to the teenager waiting to get independent as soon as possible.


3) Drugs
a serious challenge for the young
take drugs (be a drug addict) – soft and hard drugs, illegal drugs
smoke, drink alcohol
reasons for taking drugs: curiosity, boredom, excitement,  peer pressure (tlak vrstevníků), looking for solution to / for serious troubles

4) School: A necessary evil?
be busy with school

5) The Future
      get stressed thinking about the future
      have a clear vision of  what (I want) to achieve (dosáhnout) – it may be different  
      from what (my)
      parents want (me) to achieve
      officially come of age (dospět, dosáhnout zletilosti) at the age of eighteen

6) ???



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat